Critical Illness is medical insurance that pays a lump-sum benefit upon diagnosis of a critical illness or condition. A critical illness insurance payout helps you avoid the financial strain a major illness can create so you can focus on your recovery. Even though medical insurance and other insurance coverages are essential, they don’t cover everything. Medical science and treatment is phenomenal, but it can also be very expensive. Patients can experience financial hardship because of the expenses their insurance does not cover.
Note: THIS PLAN IS NOT AVAILABLE If a member chooses to enroll in a plan that already has the Critical Illness benefit such as HealthCare Assist, Healthcare Select, or Healthcare Basic.
Rates and Payment Info
- Monthly recurring premium rates are as indicated above.
- Coverage for enrollment between the 1st - 25th is effective on the first of the following month. Enrollment between the 26th - month end, is effective on the first of the next month.
(I.E. enrollment on January 1 - 25th, is effective on February 1. Enrollment on January 26-31st, is effective on March 1)
- Enrollment in this product requires membership in DSWA.
- Your first payment will be collected from your credit/debit card upon enrollment.
- Future payments will be collected on the 25th of each month thereafter, after your effective date.
- The above rates do not apply to individual major medical.
Following is the benefit and rate information for the Critical Illness. Each insured member and each insured family member receives the following benefits each coverage year
|CRITICAL ILLNESS (1)
Payable for 10 conditions:
Cancer, Heart Attack, Renal Failure, Major Organ Transplant, Multiple Sclerosis, Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery, Alzheimer's, ALS, Terminal Illness
1. Critical Illness Benefit Plan is underwritten by AXIS Insurance Company.
The insurance described provides limited benefits. Limited benefits plans are insurance products with reduced benefits and are not intended to be an alternative to or integrated with comprehensive coverage. This insurance does not coordinate with any other insurance plan. It does not provide major medical or comprehensive medical coverage and is not designed to replace major medical insurance. Further, this insurance is not minimum essential benefits as set forth under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.